The SRC is a council, which is mandated by law to review, analyze and advise the State Vocational Rehabilitation agency regarding the performance of their responsibilities under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.
The Act requires that the membership include representatives from:
- independent living councils,
- parent training and information centers,
- vocational rehabilitation counselors,
- current and former customers of the State vocational rehabilitation agency,
- community rehabilitation service providers,
- business, labor and industry,
- disability advocacy groups representing a cross section of physical, cognitive, deaf and hard of hearing, mental disabilities,
- cultural and ethnic minority groups,
- migrant and seasonal farm workers,
- Native American vocational rehabilitation programs,
- educational agencies,
- Workforce Investment Board and other advocates interested in the vocational rehabilitation of the disabled residents of Colorado.
Members on this council meet once every 2 months (starting in January). Meetings are on the second Wednesday from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm. If a member must travel to Denver from your residence or office then mileage, lodging and meals may be provided depending on the distance you travel to the meeting.
If you are interested in being considered a member, please call a Membership Committee representative. You can contact Liz King (303) 866-4741 to get more information.